Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2016

THE "WATCH" WILL THRIVE WITH DOLLAR DAZE V

Supposedly a copy of next years proposed budget was distributed to LSC members supposedly. I have to say supposedly because once again they neglected to give me my personal copy. So as usual looks like I will have to resort to making stuff up

What I found interesting is the number tossed around, $138.5 Million, That would represent a $2.5 million  increase over the amount budgeted last year. Okay but how many million dollars did we agree we underfunded last year?

Add to that the supposed hordes if new students last year, I would argue we are facing an actual budget reduction. I can't wait to see the ACTUAL numbers,

2 comments:

  1. And if you look at the Chapter 70 aid Lynn is getting, I think you will find there is not a significant difference from previous years even though the enrollment figures have increased. Remember "economically disadvantaged" students versus "low income" students?

    Any mention of the FY16 or FY17 net school spending requirements at the meeting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO mention of the NET. I watched the meeting "live" on-line. In fact at a previous meeting, KEVIN said that LYNN was looking at losing as much as $11 million in Chap 70, I think but the legislators were scrambling so I am sure that number has been reduced.

      Delete