Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Dance The Night Away!

My daughter just had her first dance at Marshall. How dare she grow up! Next thing you know I  will going to graduations and signing up for shuffleboard tournaments. Where does the time go?

But I digress, please excuse me. Actually the dance is a good idea. It gives are kids something fun to do and it builds good memories revolving around our schools. I mean we own the buildings 24 hours a day so why not maximize our utilization.

Now I am not naive enough to think some bad things never happen at these events but we are more likely to promote positive behavior in these supervised settings than if we leave the recreation planning to whomever is hanging out on the street corner.

We need more scheduled activities for our kids and the schools should be at the center of it. After all, isn't there a federal mandate insisting that our schools have a greater responsibility in our kid's lives.

Marshall deserves props for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment